Leadro Plumbing (Pty) Ltd Certificates of compliance

COC's made easy

When you sell your house you’re going to need a number of certificates of compliance. We provide a service together with our partners to make this as easy as possible. We arrange for all the inspections to be done, If there are any non compliancy issues we also supply quotations for any repairs to be done.


It’s compulsory to supply a valid Electrical Certificate of Compliance (ECOC) when selling your property. This is to insure that the property complies with the national standards (SANS10142)


If you’ve installed electric fencing as a security measure at your house, you’ll need an Electrical Fence System Compliance Certificate. (SANS 10222-3)


If your property is situated within Cape Town’s municipal area, the City’s water By-law,(Section 14(2) requires you to be in possession of a certificate of compliance of water installation before transfer can take place.


If your home’s fitted with gas appliances, you’re going to need a Gas Certificate of Conformity in order to comply with the pressure equipment regulations of the Occupational Health and Safety Amendment Act.(SANS 10087-1:2013)


Banks and insurance companies requires a beetle clearance certificate when a property is transferred to a new owner.

Inspection Request Form, Inspection Fees and Payment Process

It is imperative to provide accurate information on the Inspection Request Form. Incorrect information can lead to frustration and irritation. The information that we require is as follows.

  • Contact person
  • Contact numbers
  • E-mail addresses
  • Full address

This allow us to contact the people in question for access to the property.

As gaining access to properties can prove extremely challenging especially if the information provided is incorrect or if we don’t have the tenant that is occupying the property’s details. As we all need to work and arrangements need to be made to take time off from work for these inspections to be undertaken.

We will continuously endeavour and attempt to ensure that inspections are carried out timeously and certificates issued as promptly as possible to avoid any unnecessary delays in the transfer process.


  • Plumbing Inspections - R450
  • Electrical Inspections - R450
  • Gas Inspections - R450
  • Electrified Fencing Inspections – R450
  • Beetle Inspections – R 450


Inspection fees are a professional consultation fee and are payable irrespective of the results of the inspection.

You may pay your inspection fees on completion of the inspection/s carried out in cash or via EFT upon invoice, whether paid by yourself or by the Transferring Attorneys.

If the inspections are clear, the certificate/s will be issued at no additional cost if there is no repairs required for the issuing of the certificate/s – the inspection fee cost is for the inspection/s which were undertaken at the property.

A full Inspection report with a quote to rectify any non compliant faults will be issued to yourself of which you may either accept or if you wish to utilise the services of a third party company to undertake the necessary repair work, such third party will need to issue the Certificates as we do not issue certificates on a 3rd party’s inspection or repair work undertaken. The client remains ultimately however responsible for the settlement of our Inspection Fees, irrespective of whether the repairs are effected by ourselves or by a third party.

You have the option of also paying your invoice from the proceeds of the sale,if you so wish.We will give you a quotation with ammounts of the 2 payment options on our quotation.Repair work is to be undertaken when our quotation is accepted by yourself.You may pay our invoice directly on completion of the repair work carried out, or the invoice will be forwarded to the Transferring Attorneys for payment on transfer. The Inspection Fees are however not discounted.

The relevant certificates will be e-mailed to the Transferring Attorneys directly and the originals will be delivered or posted to their offices once payment has been made.

Take me to COC Request